Friday, September 29, 2006

Rooney 'challenges' Hatton

Wayne Rooney has 'challenged' boxing champion Ricky Hatton to a fight.

The Manchester United player threatened to give Hatton "a good old-fashioned a***-kicking".



Ricky revealed: "Wayne texted and said he wanted to take my world champ belt off me.

"I told him: "You wouldn't fit it around your gut - you've eaten too many chips"."

Ricky, who is good friends with Rooney, is a big fan of United's rivals Manchester City.



According to The Sun, he added: "Wayne said he would give me a good old-fashioned a***-kicking. Being a Scouser, he's not slow to come forward with his opinions, so I said: "Any time, son".

"We text and speak on the phone all the time. We have a real laugh, even though he plays for the wrong team.

"I can't wait to spar with him and I know we will be big mates as he has a cracking sense of humour."

No comments: